Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Filled Under: ,

Mothers Make A House, A home!!!

Life Away from Home Mother Day
It was on such a sunny morning of May 2008, when I accompanied with two bags full of books and clothes, stepped out of my home to continue my further education in an alien city.

After a journey of almost five hours, my father dropped me to my hostel. Previously itself we had paid a visit to this place and have zeroed in on the hostel and institutions that I would be joining.

He stayed with me for almost half-an-hour and helped me in unpacking and arranging some of the stuff that I had brought. Soon after he left I was all alone in a 12*5ft room, wondering about an unforeseen future.



Back at those days I used to be quite excited at the thought of leaving home and continuing my studies from a different city. The imagination of living a completely independent life and various fantasies attached with it, made living alone the most lucrative idea of all.


 But it was quite different in experience than in thoughts.

All alone in my room, I quickly decided to take a nap. The bed was distinctively different from what I was used to be having in my room, back at home.

Sleepwell mattresses were replaced by a locally made hand sewn pile of cotton mattress that by no standard were even near comfortable. I took out a bed sheet from my luggage and wrapped it around that thing.

As I lay down, I realized the room was quite hot as well. There were no windows and it only had a small ventilation space just above the door. Cooler was due to be installed in the room by next day and given the scarcity of any space or window, I wasn’t able to fathom, as where they would put it up.
Anyways as I was quite exhausted due to travel and has also woken up early, sleep wasn’t much a problem.

When I woke back it was already evening however sun was shining briskly right in front of my door and I realized the room had turned even hotter.
I was in a habit of getting a tea immediately after waking up from my afternoon nap. As there was none here, I was feeling little sleepy. I stepped up to the mess which was on the top floor. Reaching their I realized it was still half an hour left for evening tea, found it too much of a time and strolled over outside to find one.

After having it I returned back to the room. As there wasn’t much to do I switched on the radio on mobile and geared up the headphones.

The song that was playing on it was, Maa from movie Tare Zamin par. 

Suddenly I found a nostalgic feeling sinking in my head and soon switched to another channel. Within minutes the same song started playing on that station as well. This time I found it hard to change and kept on listening to it. The lyrics were amazing. I don’t even realized when the first tear rolled back down my cheek and fell over my lap. And as the song proceeded it somehow felt like perfectly describing my situation and the tears just became unstoppable. I was crying like anything and without even knowing why.

As I kept changing radio channels I always found one or the other stations playing this song. It felt like whole universe was conspiring against me. I ended up listening to it for innumerable times, with a wet face owing to continuous supply of tears. I also discovered that it was Mothers Day and it just added more to the sulking feeling. Back at those times except for Valentines and friendship not many days were much popular.

Finally when I thought that it was enough I removed my headphones and washed my face. I was just beginning to realize the harsh reality of the very lucrative independent dream.

A tea on bedside, a made-up bed, washed and ironed clothes, tasty food etc. etc... All those things that I took for granted for so long were beginning to look like a luxury.

While you live with your mother, you need to worry about nothing. Right from your toothbrush to your headphones, she knows exact location of everything that you have. You can't hide anything from her. She is the one who can truly read your eyes and she is the one who don't need your words to tell her how happy or sad you are feeling.

Many a times when I had a low phase in my love life, she was the one who always managed to know that something was amiss about me. Even my best friends who were all aware of my romantic chronicles were never that good in guessing the exact scenario of my love life and she without having a hint of it somehow managed to feel and understand every little thing. Though I never even once talked about it to her but she somehow always knew the moments when I needed to rest my head on her lap and her slow tinkling of fingers in my hair would suddenly erode my bad memories like anything. 
She never stopped to bestow her selfless love on me, not for a moment and I never stopped thanking my stars for blessing me with such wonderful mother. 

And as it goes, they indeed are a luxury even till now. I had struggled my way to successfully completing 6 years of life away from home. And even now, every day it just seems like a struggle for survival.

There isn’t a place more wonderful than a Home and it’s the mother that always make it so so beautiful. But then as it goes, life certainly is not a bed of roses.

Love you Mom and thanks for being so wonderful always!!!

And thank you Godrej for providing me an opportunity to express my love for the best lady on this universe.

Unknown

Author & Editor

An Engineer by qualification, a blogger by choice and an enterprenur by interest. Loves to read and write and explore new places and people.

4 comments:

  1. A very inspiring post beautifully describing our most loved relation! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From toothbrush to headset, she knows everything......so true! Lovely post Asish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nandhini.. I am glad that you liked it!

      Delete

Please Post Your Indispensable Comments and Suggestions.

 

We are featured contributor on entrepreneurship for many trusted business sites:

  • Copyright © Celebrating Freedom of Expression™ is a registered trademark.
    Designed by Templateism. Hosted on Blogger Platform.