Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Filled Under: , , , ,

We Missed the Stars in Quest of Bulbs!!!

Childhood. Modern World. Nostalgic Stars Urbanization
I remember as a child when there use to be power cuts at night we use to pass time sitting in the open lawn. While my mom and aunties use to chatter I would just quietly lay down on the cot and look over the sky.

I have done it for hours and believe me it never gets boring. Almost all of us have tried counting the stars at night. I have watched quite a lot fascinating celestial movements in the night sky, have made various shapes out of their alignments in my mind and amused myself through it. Don’t doubt me this is all quite sane in childhood.

Today also I have the sky, maybe the same stars but it has been years that I have spotted any shape amongst them. Frankly enough I don’t remember when was the last time I glanced at the sky watchfully. The changes are everywhere, from my mind to the skyline. Neither my mind is as free and naive as it was in those days of infancy nor the city dust and light offer me the same clear vision of the sky. We have diluted ourselves completely.

In the early age Man used to live in forests, then he searched for caves, then he got more intelligence and built huts followed by brick houses. Gradually the scarcity of land in the prime areas paved way for multi-story buildings with people running for 1bhk/2bhk and now they all want terrace apartments, lush green surroundings, lakes in the front etc.... isn’t these all the same things that we eradicated at the first place itself.

Eventually we are again looking for those forests that we erupted to build these concrete jungles. The same open sky that we left in villages seems more alluring than these brimming glittering city lights. However far we may go, the world indeed remains round!!!

This stress filled life has paved way for the decline of the mankind. The humanity has left long ago the humility of any kind. We take pride in being violent. Sitting over the hoards of weapons, we talk of peace.
Health is neglected to earn the money which is spent to restore the health. People are dying with hunger on the footpath across which is the gym where people spend money to flush out the fats of excessive eating.
Irony is mundane because the reality is prosaic.

Man always was a social animal, it’s just that now the social part seems like a burden and the animal has become imperative.
From the jungle to the jungle, the circle is complete.

Unknown

Author & Editor

An Engineer by qualification, a blogger by choice and an enterprenur by interest. Loves to read and write and explore new places and people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Post Your Indispensable Comments and Suggestions.

 

We are featured contributor on entrepreneurship for many trusted business sites:

  • Copyright © Celebrating Freedom of Expression™ is a registered trademark.
    Designed by Templateism. Hosted on Blogger Platform.